My Blog List

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Liver disorders and Siddha

LIVER CARE & MANAGEMENT OF LIVER DISORDERS IN SIDDHA

Dr. K. Jagannathan, MD (Siddha), PhD

Reader & HOD, Dept. Of Maruthuvam,

Dr. G. Mohanambigai, MD (Siddha)

Reader & HOD, Dept. Of Udalkoorugal,

Santhigiri Siddha Medical College & Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram

drjagan.siddha@gmail.com, www.siddhaglobal.blogspot.com

Siddha system of medicine developed by ancient Siddhars some thousands years ago, recognizable among the Dravidian population that prevails in South India. Siddha system, primarily based on 96 thathwas, offers better solutions to 4448 diseases supposed to be affecting mankind and everything have been portrayed in the literatures. This exceptional traditional system, contributed quite number of liver tonics, liver corrective and liver protective agents, of herbal and mineral origin for the benefit of mankind. In fact, this concept, laid an incredible platform for the researchers to identify/ establish/ develop praiseworthy drugs for liver disorders. Though modern medicine is providing few innovative measures and medicines, Siddha proved its uniqueness with number of effective formulations for years in combating liver disorders.

Role of Liver in human physiology: - Since liver is being considered as the largest gland and one of the vital organs of the body, it is mandatory for us to review the importance of this organ. It has a wide range of activities including a) Metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and hormones. b) Storage of glycogen, amino acids, iron, folic acid, vitamins etc. c) Synthesis of glucose, clotting factors, proteins, steroids, and heparin d) Secretion of bile. e) Excretion of cholesterol, bile pigments, heavy metals, bacteria, virus etc. f) heat production g) Synthesis of haemopoietic factor. h) Thrombopoietin production. i) Destruction of aged RBC. j) Inactivation of toxins and hormones k) Detoxification of foreign bodies etc. The above mentioned information itself a self explanatory about the value of this vital organ and the necessity of maintaining it in a healthy manner.

Incidence of liver disorders and damaging agents: -It is not surprising that diseases of liver are the major cause of morbidity and mortality throughout world in the present scenario, for example cirrhosis. In the developing countries like India, infections caused by hepatitis viruses and parasites are responsible for most of the chronic liver diseases and hepato-biliary carcinoma. In developed countries, in contrast, alcohol and obesity become major causes. Auto immunity, drugs, genetic factors, metabolic disorders are the other reasons standing beside in accelerating liver disorders. “Unavathi seyal marupadu (altered food habits, environment and lifestyle) and Karma vinai (Genetic reasons) “are the elementary factors which provoke liver diseases, as far as Siddhars point of view. Recent studies and available documents and reports are substantiating the same. “Pitham” one among three vital forces regulating all physiological functions of human body, deliberately affects liver in its impaired state. To normalize this vitiated “Pitham”, simple purgatives and emetics like papaya juice, Keezhanelli juice or drakshadi kudineer are commonly prescribed. “Vyanan”, a subclass of vatham accountable for nourishment of Saptha thathus, deranged by the deteriorated Pitham in liver disorders also gets corrected concurrently by this practice.

Kalleeral thetri (Liver tonic) in Siddha: - Keezhanelli (Phyllanthus amarus), Karisalai (Eclipta alba), Manjal (Curcuma longa), Athimadhuram (Glycirrhiza glabra), Kadugurohini (Picrorrhiza kurroa), Seenthil (Tinospora cordifolia), Kadukkai (Terminalia chebula), Nerunjil (Tribulus terrestris), Thandrikkai (Terminalia bellerica), Katrazhai (Aloe vera), Aamanakku (Ricinus communis), Jeeragam (Cuminum cyminum), Chukku (Zingiber officinale) are some of the vital medicinal plants frequently used in Siddha to tonify liver and to correct liver problems. Bitterness in the tongue, anorexia, indigestion, water brash, nausea, vomiting are the premonitory symptoms projected in all form of Liver disorders and the medicines made up of the above mentioned plants found to be beneficial in clinical practice to correct such setbacks.

Scientific vision of Siddhars: - Keezhanelli pointed out by Siddhars, is an outstanding anti- viral drug used in Jaundice from time immemorial, and is a good example for Siddhar’s scientific vision. Recent studies reveals that chemical component of this plant, inhibits DNA- polymerase activity in Virus (which is responsible for speedy replication of virus) and consequently protects liver from further damage by reducing viral load and cures jaundice. Keezhanelli yield better results even in HBV and HCV infections to some extent, when given with buttermilk. Immuno modulating effect of Kadugurohini, both on cell mediated and humoral immunity helps the patient to get rid of viral hepatitis. Reduced liver enzyme level in the administration of polysaccharide contents of Athimadhuram (Glycirrhiza glabra) reveals the hepato protective effects of the plant in viral and drug induced hepatitis. Likewise we can list out plenty of experimental study reports to endorse the complete knowledge (Siddham) of Siddhars.

Siddha remedies for Liver problems: - Karisalai (Eclipta alba) karkkam, iron preparations like Aya jambeera karpam, Annabedi chenduram, Ayakantha chenduram, Ayabringaraja karpam are found to be useful in anaemia and swelling seen in liver disorders. Nerunjil (Tribulus terrestris) kudineer and Vediannabedi chenduram, Vediuppu chunnam reduces generalised edema, swelling of lower extremities and abdomen due to its diuretic property. Preparations like Mandoorathi adai kudineer, Loga Mandooram, and Sarakkondrai puli patru (external) reduce the size of enlarged liver and portal hypertension clinically. Adhathodai (Adathoda vasica), Imbooral (Oldenlandia umbellate), Mathulai odu(Punica granatum) preparations, Naga parpam, Padigalinga chenduram, Papaya leaf juice, Nellikkai (Emblica officinalis), Aruvatha (Rutea graveolens) preparations rectifies thrombocytes related issues due to its haemostatic properties. Handling of Inji (Zingiber officinale) and other liver tonics in fatty infiltration of liver and pre cirrhotic condition also will be advisable. Some traditional practitioners are using Kadugurohini in alcohol induced liver problems. Karisalai karkkam, Keezhanelli karkkam, Poovarasilai(Thespesia populnea) karkkam, Aamanakkilai (Ricinus communis) karkkam, Pidangunaari(Premna tomentosa) kudineer, Shikaikkai kudineer are some of simple Siddha preparations found to be efficacious in viral hepatitis/ jaundice. Poonaikkali (Mucuna puriens) choornam, Amukkara (Withania somnifera) choornam, Nerunjil choornam, Nilappanai (Curculigo orchioides) nei may be the better solutions to counteract oestrogen induced problems seen in liver disorders.

Beside herbs, minerals (Iron, Kantham, Chembu, Nagam, Mandooram, Gold, Annabedi), animal sources like Nathai (snails), Nandu (crabs), also indicated for liver problems. Extensive research should be done on these plant materials and herbo-mineral combinations to establish its utility and credibility and develop new set of combinations in the light of ancient/ available literatures and experience of experts /LHT.

Measures to maintain healthy liver: - Some simple measures are available to maintain normal function of liver, correct liver disorders and protect from damaging agents and they are: - 1. Take easily digestible food items. 2. Encourage ingestion of plenty of vegetables, fruits and green leaves. 3. Avoid high intake of oily and fatty diet, particularly non vegetarian food items and fast food. 4. Take adequate and protected/ boiled water. 5. Avoid intake of drugs and expose to irradiation needlessly. 6. Smoking, alcohol, tobacco derivatives, chemical enriched soft drinks etc. strictly to be avoided. 7. Maintain hygiene in food. 8. Intestinal parasites should be treated promptly. 9. Medicines should be taken only under medical direction. 10. Regular health check- up always to be entertained. 11. Regular exercise or daily practices of yoga- dhyana- pranayama are valuable. 12. Controlled and safer sex always sensible.

Kaya karpam and Longevity in Siddha: - As per Siddha, to maintain good physique; to maintain physiological condition of organs; to maintain youth; to prevent age related/ lifestyle related/ acquired health problems, everyone should take kayakalpa preparations at regular intervals, by following kalpa vidhi. Though Siddha dictates 108 kayakalpa procedures, here we are pointing out one simple method. “kaalayil inji; nanpakal chukku; maalayil kadukkai”- In the morning have ginger(Zingiber officinale); in the noon- chukku (Zingiber officinale); in the night- kadukkai (Terminalia chebula)”. If we are ready to follow the guidelines given in Siddhar –Therayar’s “Pini anuga vidhi”, Naal ozhukkam, Kaala ozhukkam and Siddha way of regulating vital forces, diet and personal habits, we can lead a healthy life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. AM SAMFOR, FROM ISLAND, THANKS TO DR ONIHA WHO CURED ME FROM liver chirosis and FATTY LIVER PROBLEM WITH HIS HERBAL MEDICATION. I WAS DIAGNOSED OF FATTY LIVER PROBLEEM FIVE YEARS AGO, I VISITED MEDICAL DIALYSIS CENTER, AND THERE WERE NO BETTER IMPROVEMENT, UNTIL I SAW DR ONIHA'S TESTIMONIES AND RECONMMENDATIONS ONLINE, ON HOW HE HAS BEEN CURING PEOPLE OF LIVER PROBLEMS, AND I DECIDED TO CONTACT HIM, AND HE ADMINISTERED HID DERBAL MEDICATION ON ME, WITHIN A MONTH, I WAS CURED. IN CASE YOU ARE PASSING THROUGH A SIMILAR PROBLEM AND YOU NEED DR ONIHA'S ASSISTANCE, YOU CAN CALL OR WHATSAP +2347089275769 OREMAIL: DRONIHASPELL@YAHOO.COM

      Delete


    2. Am jeremiah, I am testifying about a great hebal man that cured my wife of hepatitis B and liver cirhosis. his name is Dr oniha. My wife was diagnose of hepatities two years ago, i almost spent all i had then, until i saw dr oniha recommendation online, and i call him, then he told me how to get the herb. You can call him on +2347089275769 or email him at dronihaspell@yahoo.com

      Delete
    3. Never give up in life they all say no cure to HSV 2 which is a big lie I have pass through many process also i never believe there is really cure to HERPES until I meet Dr.Ehiaguna the doctor that have been helping many people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for cure online I found out about this man, and to my greatest surprise this man have the herbal medicine which I have been looking for years I explain my problem to him through the email I found on someone who testify about him also, Dr.Ehiaguna write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.Ehiaguna instructed, I was so happy after two week I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I go for test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now drehiaguna@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348073908953. And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC

      Delete
  2. Sir,

    Can I get/buy the liver tonic/kalleeral thettri without any preservatives or flavors?It is urgent for me.I am having frequent peelai/eye discharge on my eyes.And the hairs on my eye lashes are falling down daily.Please help me. I am in Pondicherry now. I am not getting hungry most of the time.My digestion process is low from 2014 onward. Thank.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir.,
    My father is in critical coma stage of liver cirrhosis.it s called as encephalopathy.hope it is curable through siddha.pls suggest...
    By masrermakesh2011@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having symptoms of RBS, pain in the right side of stomach and very lethargic. I am from Tiruchynapilly in Tamilnadu. . Where can I bye the liver tonic or recommend a suitable doctor for consultation near my place, I suspect it is alcohol induced fatty liver. Because I was consuming 300ml of alcohol every day. Request to help me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buy Keezhanelli Powder Online
    http://herbsnpuja.com/phyllanthus-niruri-powder-4-x-50g.php

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful information about this. To know more about liver surgery india check out this website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found this blog interesting. Thank you.
    Spider veins and Varicose veins are common affecting more than 50% of postmenopausal women. Many dont even know that they have it. Only in advanced stages they realise. Please enlighten on this problem and how to deal with it to get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Are you interested is selling your human parts such as k1dnney, Blood,L1vers,
    with sum $450,00.00 USD We are urgently in need of 0gans,
    For details WhatsApp: +91 767 807 6627 Mobile +91 767 807 6627
    via email.hospitalcares04@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can’t believe you have put it so well that even a newbie like me can understand it. Many many thanks.

    uric acid removal ayurvedic medicine in Ludhiana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello my dear viewers,I am Marticia Robbert from USA , i will say to the world to celebrate with me on this numerous testimony, i never believe i could ever get rid of this horrible disease until one fateful day,my story and appreciation goes to Dr.Aloma the powerful great doctor that help me to cure my Hepatitis b disease from my life,he is truly a truthful man with high herbs power's he uses on saving people's life, just a few days back i came in contact with Dr,Aloma which many individuals have testify so much about of his kind work, so i decided and contacted him quickly because the disease was almost at the last minute of taking my life, i have tried all remedies from several physicians from hospitals but none could help me apart from Dr,Aloma who finally cure my Hepatitis b disease, i was amazed and overwhelmed when the doctor confirmed me negative in the same hospital i have been before,i wish to anyone that is sick today and want healing to please contact this doctor with his email address (dralomaherbscure@gmail.com),so if you have any problem like HERPES, ALS,, HERNIA,CANCER, FATTY LIVER DIABETICS, contact him immediately or via his cell phone number +2348051095232.......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Research participants needed for a pharmaceutical research study to test an investigational drug for obesity. We are looking for overweight males and females eighteen years or older including those who may have type ii diabetes or have been told that they have fatty liver. Participants must be available for ten outpatient clinic visits over a period of approximately 5 months.
    Enrolled participants will be compensated for time and participation.
    For more information call seaview research at three zero five, six four six, six seven eight five

    https://studyscavengerapp.com/quotient-sciences-paid-clinical-trial-investigate-efficacy-lik066-obese-patients-volunteers-non-alcoholic-steatohepatitis-fatty-liver-disease-miami-fl/

    #miami #broward #fattyliver

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks admin for sharing such an amazing and informative blog with us. The people should go to the website for buying the medicines because it is really amazing.

    Online Medicine Store | Best Online Pharmacy

    ReplyDelete
  13. AM SAMFOR, FROM ISLAND, THANKS TO DR ONIHA WHO CURED ME FROM liver chirosis and FATTY LIVER PROBLEM WITH HIS HERBAL MEDICATION. I WAS DIAGNOSED OF FATTY LIVER PROBLEEM FIVE YEARS AGO, I VISITED MEDICAL DIALYSIS CENTER, AND THERE WERE NO BETTER IMPROVEMENT, UNTIL I SAW DR ONIHA'S TESTIMONIES AND RECONMMENDATIONS ONLINE, ON HOW HE HAS BEEN CURING PEOPLE OF LIVER PROBLEMS, AND I DECIDED TO CONTACT HIM, AND HE ADMINISTERED HID DERBAL MEDICATION ON ME, WITHIN A MONTH, I WAS CURED. IN CASE YOU ARE PASSING THROUGH A SIMILAR PROBLEM AND YOU NEED DR ONIHA'S ASSISTANCE, YOU CAN CALL OR WHATSAP +2347089275769 OREMAIL: DRONIHASPELL@YAHOO.COM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent Blog information about liver disease. Siddha is the best organization provides natural supplements for liver and its cure your liver disease permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulation for the great post. Those who come to read your Information will find lots of helpful and informative tips. Liver Supplements Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  16. HOW I WAS CURE FROM HERPES WITHIN  14DAYS WITH THE HELP OF DR SAMBOLA
    HERBAL MEDICINE CONTACT DR SAMBOLA VIA
    drsambolaherbalhome@gmail.com
    (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! its really like a
    dream but i'm so happy! that's the reason i decided to also add more
    comment of Him so that more people can be saved just like me! and if
    you need his help,contact hi
    I am so Happy to be writing this article in here, i am here to explore
    blogs forum about the wonderful and most safe cure for HERPES SIMPLEX
    VIRUS . I was positive to the deadly Virus called HERPES and i lost
    hope completely because i was rejected even by my closet friends. i
    searched online to know and inquire about cure for HERPES and i saw
    testimoney about DR SAMBOLA online on how he cured so many persons from
    Herpes virus so i decided to contact the great herbalist because i
    know that nature has the power to heal everything. i contacted him to
    know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will
    help me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting
    him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via
    FEDEX or DHL and it got to me after 4 days! i used the medicine as he
    instructed mes Email: (drsambolaherbalhome@gmail.com) You
    can contact him and whatsApp him +2348168259521
    He also have the herbs to cure difference cure for any sickness
    (1) HERPES,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) HEPATITIS B,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA...
    kindly email DR SAMBOLA for your own cure if you have any disease listed or email him drsambolaherbalhome@gmail.com website drsambolaherbalcure.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, I am entirely agreed with this article, and I just want say that this article is very helpful and enlightening. I also have some precious piece of concerned info !!!!!!Thanks. liver doctor near me

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never give up in life they all say no cure to HSV 2 which is a big lie I have pass through many process also i never believe there is really cure to HERPES until I meet Dr.Ehiaguna the doctor that have been helping many people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for cure online I found out about this man, and to my greatest surprise this man have the herbal medicine which I have been looking for years I explain my problem to him through the email I found on someone who testify about him also, Dr.Ehiaguna write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.Ehiaguna instructed, I was so happy after two week I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I go for test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now drehiaguna@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348073908953. And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am here to give my testimony about Dr Anuge who helped me.. i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by Dr Anuge, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedies on HERPES and I saw comments of people talking about how Dr anuge cured them. When I contacted him he gave me hope and sent Herbal medicine to me that I took for just 2 weeks and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as I am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that there is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from Dr Anuge healing herbal cure of all kinds of sickness you may have like
    (1) CANCER,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) CANCER,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    (10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL
    (11)COLD SORE
    and mare that are not mentioned here He also cured my friend from cervical cancer. so contact him through his Email address : dranuge@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +234816466838 

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is it's wise that you ideal research before generating. You possibly can build significantly better post therefore. Fateh Pharmacy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was diagnosed of herpes 3 years, and ever since then i have been taking treatment to prevent outbreaks, burning and blisters, but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr. VOODOO on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions for up to 2 weeks. After completing the medication i went back to my doctor for another test and the virus was all gone and i was completely cured, since then i have not had any signs of outbreak. I'm so filled with joy. With herbal medication Herpes Virus is 100% curable. I refer Dr VOODOO to everyone out there with the virus Email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com Add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete

 COVID 19-Siddha Perspective (in Tamil Language) Video link https://youtu.be/fVyv0qI_z4Q