Synonyms of Prameham in Siddha
1. Inippu neer (because of sweet taste presence in urine)
2. Thithippu neer (Thithippu also means sweet)
3. Sarkkarai vyathi (Sarkkarai means sugar)
4. Neerizhivu noi (due to increased frequency and increased urinary output)
5. Madhumegam (madhu- honey)
1. Akakkaranangal / Internal factors (Improper diet and personal habit or changed lifestyle and Kanma vinai (genetical))
2. Purakkaranangal /External factors (i.e. Environmental factors)
Affects the equilibrium state of Vatham, Pitham and Kapham
Affects Ezhu udarkattugal (Saptha thathus)
Diabetes mellitus (Prameham) and its complications
10-Avaththaigal (Complications in Siddha)
As per Siddhar- Yugi munivar concept (mentioned by him some thousands years ago)
If Diabetes is not controlled the following complications will be produced one by one.
1. Gradual increase in weight of the body
2. Increased urination and often mixed with semen
3. Dryness of tongue and throat, and gas trouble
4. Increased thirst
5. Increased frequency in urination and makes mental worry.
6. Restlessness on bed, breathlessness
7. Appearance of boil on the body
8. Vomit, tastelessness, deep breath and tiredness
9. Infection of microorganisms and infestation of worms, loss of weight
10. Finally suffer with tuberculosis and cause death
Treatment in Siddha is mainly focussed on
1. To normalise impaired doshas
2. To strengthen Saptha thathus
3. To prevent Avaththaikal ( DM complications)
Numerous medicines are available in Siddha but should be taken under medical supervision. Few Siddha medicines are mentioned below-
1. Madhumega choornam
2. Seenthil kudineer
3. Aavarai kudineer
4. Vilvathi mathirai
5. Nilavembu kudineer
6. Ponkurandi choornam
7. Abhraga chenduram
8. Shilajat parpam
9. Santhigiri’s Meninokki powder.
1. Seenthil thandu (Amrit) and Chukku to be taken equal quantity and make it into coarse powder. Prepare Kashayam with 5 gram of powder each time. It has to be taken two times a day before meals.
5. Ingredients: Avvarai panchangam, Kondrai (Konna) patta, Gnaval, Kadalazhinjil patta, Muthanga, Koshtam (Kottam), Marutham patta. Every item should be taken equal part, purified and powdered. Prepare Kashayam with 5 gram of powder each time. It has to be taken two times a day before meals.
Practising Pranayamam, Dhyanam and Dhanurasanam will be beneficial